The Executive Assistant must be proficient in all aspects of corporate administration, including having exceptional skills for managing active calendars of appointments, managing cost center budget, meeting coordination and event management, composing, editing and preparing correspondence which will include confidential information, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, agendas for both domestic and international travel. This person will serve as the primary gatekeeper and point of contact for inbound calls to the Executive team members. In addition, this person may be asked to help coordinate company- wide events and communications, and coordinate with third parties on such activities.
The primary focus of this role will be to provide administrative support to the Executive Team and other Senior Management as needed.
Demonstrated ability to advise and provide guidance for issues that arise daily. Familiarity with budgeting processes is essential to this role. This position will require a min of 10 years executive and administrative support. Critical to this role are excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and time management skills, and a focus on supporting people. Extensive experience working with dynamic teams and the ability to adapt to changing priorities is imperative. A great aptitude for applying judgement, decision making and organizational skills in a proactive manner will be part of the daily process. This job also requires flexibility to be available after as needed due to business demands. Leads and guides working cross functionally with Senior Management in various departments, at multiple locations. Creates and maintain day to day schedules, resolve conflicts in a creative fashion with the highest level of attention to detail and expediency.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and coordinating/ organizing both domestic and international travel.
- Ensures a high standard of service and confidentiality to stakeholders, shareholders and corporate partners is maintained and enhanced. Provides a bridge for smooth communication. Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Adapts and adjusts to a rapidly changing environment where priorities are shifting daily.
- Attend staff and department meetings and assist in administrative management of the meetings; this includes arranging and establishing video conference connections, support in preparing agendas, and generation of meeting summaries as required.
- Ability to effectively represent the company in external settings (collaborators, partners, conferences).
- Seeks out, builds, and maintains trusting and collaborative relationships and alliances with others inside and outside of the organization.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Content expert in Administration. Defines what broadly needs to be accomplished or built in order to meet the implicit and explicit needs of internal and external stakeholders. Successful leadership and management of strategic projects and Administrative matters. Strong track record of demonstrated success.
- Demonstrates and inspires confidence and trust of others. Maintains the highest standards of personal integrity. Shows consistency between words and actions. Has a consistent track record of delivering on commitments. Presents the facts fairly and openly without bias.
- Acts in the best interest of the business even when in conflict with own self interests. Deals constructively with own failures and mistakes. Seeks feedback to improve performance.
- Adapts behavior in response to feedback and experience. Pursues opportunities to develop oneself. Demonstrates awareness of own strengths and weaknesses. Effectively enables others to navigate in ambiguous situations.
TriLink Biotechnologies is a rapidly growing biotech firm in San Diego, CA that offers competitive wages and a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
- Extensive experience in providing C-level support and assistance at the highest corporate levels. 10+ years supporting executives at the C-suite level is preferred.
- Demonstrated relevant experience with Microsoft Office Suite and a general understanding of IT technology.
- Experience assisting with Public Relations activities a plus.
- Excellent organizational, record keeping and communication skills (oral and written).
- A strong work ethic to generate high quality work under tight deadlines.
- Must have a can-do attitude, be resourceful, and have an approachable demeanor.
- Ability to anticipate and be proactive is critical (see the potential train wreck coming and step in to fix without direction from someone).
- Experience working within the biotechnology or life sciences sector desired.
TriLink is an EEO Employer.