Chromalink™ technology is an innovative, catalyzed, UV-traceable, heterobifunctional linker technology that offers greater efficiency and yield in a considerably simpler method for linking any two biomolecules together.
- S-HyNic (succinimidyl-6-hydrazino-nicotinamide) linker is conjugated to biomolecule 1 through primary amines (or thiols with maleimide) on proteins, oligos, peptides, carbohydrates, or surfaces.
- 4FB (4-formylbenzamide) linker is conjugated to biomolecule 2 through primary amines (or thiols with maleimide) on proteins, oligos, peptides, carbohydrates, or surfaces.
- HyNic-modified biomolecule 1 is incubated with 4FB-modified biomolecule 2 in a TurboLink™ catalyzed conjugation reaction.
The result is two biomolecules conjugated through a UV-traceable, stable bond (bis-arylhydrazone) with measurable absorbance at 354 nm. Any two proteins, oligos, peptides, etc., regardless of molecular weight, can be efficiently conjugated. TriLink offers a variety of versions of its linkers – maleimido for thiols, esters for amino.
- Catalyzed Conjugation – The TurboLink catalyst means faster kinetics for greater efficiency and yields
- Quantifiable – Conjugate bond is UV-traceable for simple and direct quantification
- Stability – 10 times more stable than any other conjugation linker
- Specificity – Two-linker method avoids homoconjugate formation
- Water Soluble – “Sulfo” versions eliminate hazardous organic solvents like DMF
- Efficient – >80% efficient linker-biomolecule conjugations
- Robust – The conjugate bond is stable to 92°C and to pH values ranging from pH 2.0–10.0
Chromalink™ technology is available as linker reagents, easy-to-use kits, and bead products in bulk quantities to research and commercial organizations worldwide to enable next-generation biomedical assays and detection systems.