Modification Buffer is used for buffer exchange or desalting proteins prior to conjugation with Chromalink™ technology. Modification Buffer is used in the following products and applications:
- Protein or oligonucleotide buffer exchange and desalting protocols
- ChromaLink™ Biotin Protein-Labeling Kit(Cat. No. B-9007-105K)
- Sulfo ChromaLink™ Biotin (Cat. No. B-1007)
- Allophycocyanin (APC)-Antibody Conjugation Kit (P-9903-001)
- NanoLink™ Amino Magnetic Beads (Cat. No. M-1000-001)
- Protein-Protein Conjugation Kit (S-9010-1)
- Protein-Oligo Conjugation Kit (S-9011-1)
Chromalink™ technology is an innovative, catalyzed, UV-traceable, heterobifunctional linker technology that offers greater efficiency and yield in a considerably simpler method for linking any two biomolecules together e.g. proteins, oligos, or peptides regardless of molecular weight.
- S-HyNic (succinimidyl-6-hydrazino-nicotinamide) linker is conjugated to biomolecule 1 through primary amines (-NH2) on the amino acid, lysine, or on the N-terminus.
- S-4FB (succinimidyl-4-formylbenzamide) linker is conjugated to biomolecule 2 through primary amines (-NH2) on the amino acid, lysine, or on the N-terminus.
- HyNic-modified biomolecule 1 is incubated with 4FB-modified biomolecule 2 in a catalyzed conjugation reaction.
The result is two biomolecules conjugated through a UV-traceable, stable bond (bis-arylhydrazone) with measurable absorbance at 354 nm.
Not for resale without express written permission. Not for use in humans. No license under any patent or patent pending is granted or implied by the purchase of any TriLink product. TriLink does not warrant that the use or sale of the products delivered hereunder will not infringe the claims of any United States or other patents or patents pending covering the use of the product alone or in combination with other products or in the operation of any process. All and any use of TriLink product is the purchaser’s sole responsibility.