TriLink Biotechnologies is seeking a Director, Sales responsible for driving TriLink BioTechnologies and Glen Research revenue via management of direct sales channel, distribution channel and client interactions to achieve annual financial objectives. This role will work with commercial business operations teams to develop accurate quotations, agreements, and forecasts and bring critical market-based intelligence to marketing teams.
Successful performance increases TriLink BioTechnologies and Glen Research revenue, profitability, and market share while developing long term, strategic client relationships.
Location: (virtual) Boston, San Diego or Bay Area.
- Manages the array of necessary channels capable of delivering on the company’s financial objectives. Acts as a sales driver for TriLink Biotechnologies and Glen Research by driving the business development teams and distributors in identifying, developing and implementing key growth initiatives to support revenue goals.
- Develops collaborative working relationships within the organization in pursuit of the company’s overall business goals. Utilizes and manages appropriate internal resources (personnel) to address key client issues and move strategic deals forward to closure.
- Develops and implements a strategy and provides leadership for key account management and business development within strategic customers.
- Assists business development team to create high level, strategic relationships to catalyze the sales cycle/process via visits/meetings with strategic accounts.
- Excels at identifying and selling to key stakeholders in complex sales situations leading to rapid closure of business/projects.
- Professionally and proactively communicates with external and internal customers. Works with internal teams to create documents (e.g. forecasts, presentations, reports) of the highest professional level and accuracy for both internal and external meetings.
- Delivers strategic leadership for defining the commercial path to growth and profitability of the company and the establishment of an effective growth process and infrastructure
- Contributes to the company’s marketing strategy by actively soliciting and communicating VOC (Voice of Client) with an emphasis on market development, penetration, and product/service offerings.
- Provides detailed and accurate revenue forecasts and develops and monitors annual revenue and expense budgets.
- Works with Sales Operations and Marketing to report selected company metrics including but not limited to marketing share, promotional ROI, customer and segment penetration, and channel effectiveness.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, evaluating, coaching and development of employees.
- Attends key conferences, as necessary.
- Other duties, as assigned.
TriLink Biotechnologies is a rapidly growing biotech firm in San Diego, CA that offers competitive wages and a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
- Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or allied degree. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 10+ years in relevant areas with commercial management experience in Molecular Biology, Genomics and/or Biologic CMO sales and/or business development.
- Proven track record of demonstrated capability in a broad range of areas including, but not limited to management, business development, marketing and sales.
- Excellent computer software skills with demonstrable expertise in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SFDC
- Proficiency with verbal and written communication in English.
- Working language proficiency in French, German, Spanish, Italian, or Chinese is not required but would be a plus.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, strategic, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership capabilities, particularly in influencing and motivating teams to achieve goals.
- Travel (domestic and international) up to 50% of the time to support sales, business development activities, conferences and training.
- Ability to work independently.
TriLink is an EEO Employer.